Monday 8 December 2008

blogTV.

I LIKE JUMPING ON BANDWAGONS! JUMPING IS FUN!

I'm going to be starting my own LIVE show on blogTV.

http://www.blogtv.com/people/JohnnyDurham19

It'll be every Monday & Friday at 10pm GMT / 5pm EST.

I'm not too sure how well the show will go down. I know some people hate when youtubers start doing blogtv shows.

I've decided that I'm going to make just one video for JohnnyDurham19 where I promote the new show, and after that, I don't want to upload any more blogtv videos. For some reason, people seem to get really angry when youtubers post up little videos saying that they're going live on blogtv. I can see why these videos are annoying. People subscribe to channels on youtube to see interesting, creative videos... not just to be notified that you're going to be streaming live on a completely separate website. I don't want to continually piss off my subscribers, so after the initial pimping of my show, I'm not going to make videos announcing that I'm going live.

I really do want the shows to go well though, and I'd like lots of people to come and enjoy the shows, so I'll probably twitter update / myspace bulletin whenever I go live.

I also might occasionally make a "I'm going live on blogTV" video to post on my PumpkinSplat channel if I ever have a particularly interesting show lined up, just to hopefully bump up the number of viewers. I'm not so worried about subscriber numbers on PumpkinSplat, seeing as it's just my second account which I use to post less-than-adaquete videos anyway... so if people hate me posting the blogTV announcement videos on PumpkinSplat, then they can always just unsubscribe from there, and hopefully still stay subscribed to my main channel :D

I just downloaded webcammax to use during my live shows, so that I can do cool things, like overlay text, play videos, show pictures, draw on my face (charlieissocoollike style). At the moment I just have the trial version which puts a stupid huge advert across the top of my broadcasting, so I might spring out and purchase the full version to get rid of it.



I'm a little apprehensive about actually doing the live shows. Outside of my youtube videos I'm generally quite shy and quiet around people I don't know... so broadcasting live to potentially hundreds of viewers is kind of daunting. I've done a few liveawesomeguys shows on Alan's blogTV channel, and I was pretty damn nervous whilst doing them... although the more I've done them, the more comfortable I've started to feel in front of my webcam... so I'm hoping that after a week or two of doing my own shows, it'll become much less stressful xD

I have a good idea of what I'm going to do for the first couple of shows, but after that I don't really have a plan... I'll have to try and think of interesting things to do and to talk about. If you have any ideas of what you'd like me to do in my shows, leave them in the comments of this blog! (unless your suggestion is going to be "LOL, I think you should just get naked, LOL". in that case, don't bother commenting :P)

sorry for epically long blog post, just wanted to get all that blogTV shizz off my mind!

Hope you'll stop by occasionally and watch my show! :D

21 comments:

Hanne said...

you sound a wee bit nervous about it? just do some 'ask johnny' if you run out of things to talk about :)
good luck!

BethPorter10 said...

LOL, I think you should just get naked, LOL
^_^
Onto a more serious note, You could always steal Charlie's pictionary idea and adapt it into something different, or have people email in pictures and questions and recommend channels.
I look forward to it :D

? said...

About advertising...

You should encourage people to sign up and click "subscribe". Tell them you don't benefit from it (trufax) and that they'll receive email notifications. That, or do what Charlie's done on his channel - display a small banner/image with "Every Monday & Friday" on it. Good luck!

-Lewis

Dave said...

Yeah I think one video at first then smaller things like twitter/bullentins is a good way to go about promoting without shoving it in peoples faces!

Looking forward to Friday! =)

Wayne said...

Haha, good luck with this! I frickin' hate going live cause it seems to attract complete morons .... you'll probably have more patience ;)

Holly said...

I'd watch. Well, maybe. After Spooks is on.
And download ManyCam 2.3, it's free, and it's the Windows equivalent of CamTwist. Or, if you're on a Mac, just get CamTwist. Either way, it's fine.
- Holly

Anonymous said...

I'll be there. Just need to set up reminders. ^^

Nice premptive strike on the nudity requests. :P

Anonymous said...

yeah! im glad youre doing shows.

i actually like when people post videos saying their live, it reminds me.

Kali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kali said...

Cool, I'll watch too. I agree that YouTube vid reminders are nice. :)

Millie said...

are you starting today or friday?
xxxxx

no said...

hey johnny
so when r u going to start?
alan is live right now and when people asked he said he isnt sure either..
I soooo dont wanna miss is :)

Dee said...

You could talk about new music you've been listening to... same thing with movies and books...

Anonymous said...

I think it would be awesome if you did your own blogTV shows. The only problem is, I live on the west coast of the US (3 hours behind EST just to clarify), so I will be in school for at least the first hour of your shows (and most shows only run for about that long) :(

I'd really love to watch, so a few random weekend shows every once in awhile would be awesome if you could do them. I know that every student running on PST would probably appreciate it. :)

Good luck!

Michelle Pinsky said...

woohoo!!!! well then i cant wait haha and if of course you need any help let me know i help everyone else out :D and welcome to the blogtvers

Marissa said...

Maybe you should have like a little chat with the viewers, like asking questions, or having them ask questions to you.

but anways, you should get naked. xD Just kidding.

Cameron Alexander Williamson said...

I watched your blogtv show, I loved it ^^

Anonymous said...

LMAO, take your shirt off lolololol.

...O.o

nah, but i agree with the first comment (hanne). if you run out of ideas what to do - just do the "ask me" thingy - we love that and can get to know you better that way :)

Simply Jalyn said...

Can't wait to see your shows!
And just a question, the webcammax thing, the free trial is it limited time? like you can only use it for a month?

Anonymous said...

just be careful none of the 4chan people find your channel... they can be troublesome.

- Jaden

Unknown said...

I have to say I am looking forward to watch this blogtv of yours. Never did understand how live shows can be interesting - no pressure - but after watching your youtube videos, I am confident you can pull off a creative blogtv too.

My only gripe is that I have to wake up at 6am Tuesday to watch it as I am in Singapore but hopefully it will be worth it. Best of luck