Alan posted a blog the other day entitled "Songs To Change Your Life To".
It's basically a list of songs which have strong memories attached to them. Songs which have meant a lot to you, for one reason or another.
I thought it was a cool idea to come up with a mix cd like this, so i've been working on my list. Below is the list with notes explaining why each song has been included.
1. I saw it on your keyboard - hellogoodbye In the first proper relationship I ever had, we named this song "our song". It's one of the most played songs of all time on my itunes. Hellogoodbye never cease to cheer me up when I'm down.
2. Revenge on the radio - Danger is my middle name The fiveawesomeguys theme tune. Whenever I hear this song, I think of Alan, Charlie, Alex and Todd, and how awesome they all truly are. Whenever I'm on my way to see Alex and Charlie, I listen to this song, and I get excited about seeing them again :D
3. Hide & Seek - Imogen Heap I remember talking to my friends Kelly and Nicolle about the topic of death once. I've always thought that I'd like this song to be played at my funeral. Not so much for the lyrics of the song, I just like the way it sounds, and think it would be fitting to be played at a funeral.
4. Don't Leave Me - Blink 182 Blink 182 were one of the first rock bands I think I ever listened to. I remember playing the album this song is taken from on my portable CD player when I'd walk from my house, to my friend Kelly's house when I was about 15. (We didn't have mp3 players back in those days xD)
5. Oh shooting star! - Nice Guys Finish First This is my "feel-good" song. It invariably makes me get up off my chair and dance around my room like a complete idiot. Russell (of NGFF) writes the cutest lyrics EVER. They always make me smile. He wrote a song called "If it wasn't for the distance"; the lyrics of which always make me think of Liane Graham.
6. Just a day - Feeder My first holiday without my family was when I went to Menorca with 5 of my friends from school when I was 17. It was an amazing vacation. This was the anthem to that holiday.
7. Fat Lip - Sum 41 I used to listen to Sum 41 a lot when I was an angsty teenager.
8. Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance The Black Parade album helped get me through a really tough time in my life. I've listened to this song more than 500 times. I'll never get tired of hearing it. It is epic.
9. Sugar, We're Goin' Down - Fall Out Boy In my first year of uni, I remember being in our student union nightclub with one of my best friends called Sarah. We were jumping up and down on the dance floor singing our hearts out to this song. Happy memories.
10. Mr. Brightside - The Killers This song gave me goosebumps the first time i heard it. I've drunkenly sang along to this song countless times on the dance floor with my friends too.
11. St Jimmy - Green Day When I moved away from home for the very first time, I bought American Idiot a couple of days after moving in to my new flat. It kept me company when I felt scared and alone.
12. Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World I've never been a big fan of Brookers but I loved this video that she posted on her Quiet Riot account. Turn up your volume, and FREAK THE EFF OUT to this song.
13. Snaps are the new claps - Bad News Bears Another "feel-good" song of mine. I listen to this when I need to cheer up. It makes me want to dance.
14. Reflections - Handshakes and Highfives A song I found in early 2008 when I was going through a really bad time in my life. This song helped drown out all the shit that was going on around me. I'd listen to it, and forget everything else existed.
15. Twin Chevron remix - Sabrepulse Yet another "feel-good" song.
16. I will follow you into the dark - Death Cab For Cutie ..because a mix cd wouldn't be a mix cd without Death Cab.
there are enough links in this blog post to keep you occupied for an eternity.. I apologise for that :P
[01:28:33] Todd says: so what was the point of that video?
[01:28:43] Todd says: i can't be bothered to go look at the video its a response to
[01:28:59] Johnny Durham says: haha
[01:30:02] Johnny Durham says: there is no point really... i was bored.. i made some music... i wanted to make a video to go along with it :P
[01:30:20] Todd says: decent
[01:30:43] Johnny Durham says: there's maybe a slightly deeper point to it, but that's the main reason i made it ^_^
[01:30:59] Todd says: hahaha ok
[01:31:04] Todd says: and whats the slightly deeper point
[01:31:06] Todd says: if i may ask
[01:31:18] Todd says: u just wanted to get naked on camera huh
[01:31:25] Todd says: and u needed an excuse for it
[01:32:22] Johnny Durham says: hahaha
[01:33:52] Johnny Durham says: well, i kind of like the contrast between when i'm wearing that huge eskimo-type coat (where i feel all warm, and safe) and then being topless (where i feel cold, exposed, and horribly self-conscious about the way i look, and what other people will think of me)
* I thought I'd paste that skype conversation here, as it describes my thoughts on my latest youtube video. i kinda wish i had edited out the topless bits before posting it now, but ahhh well. Being topless in videos seems to work quite well for Joseph Macloed, so why not me?? ;)
i've never really been interested in politics here in the UK, but i've been so interested in the US presidential elections recently!
i'm a huge barack obama supporter. i agree with his views/policies on almost everything. i like his views on how to change the economy, withdrawing troops from iraq, gay marriage/equal rights, being pro-choice on the topic of abortion, and so on...
on the opposite hand, i have no idea why anyone would even consider voting for mccain. i understand he does have his strengths. notably his age, and experience. but his views on things seem to be so outdated and closed-minded.
for example, his stance on gay rights and abortion make me so frustrated. he has the same opinions as that of an ignorant, bigoted redneck. damn republicans.
i'm probably slightly uninformed on some topics surrounding each candidate's policies, and i'll not pretend i'm an expert on the presidential debates, because i'm not. but i know enough to make an educated decision on who i think would be best as the next president.
the polls are currently showing that obama is favourite to win. i dearly hope the polls are correct.
(forgive me if i've insulted anyone reading this who supports mccain. i'm just stating my opinions.)