Wednesday 1 October 2008

featured?!

i got home from my first lecture back at uni today,
and it appears i have been featured on the uk's homepage of youtube...

they featured the RNLI video i made.
i didn't think that video was very good when i was uploading it.
i thought it was a bit long and boring, but apparently youtube don't agree with me.


from a personal point of view, i'd have prefered if they had featured my 10 second project video. i think that video's more interesting, and i'm more proud of that video xD haha

but in a way, i'm glad they've featured the RNLI video as it tackles some important issues about the media's portrayal of the youth of today. also, it'll hopefully be the first step in getting a lot of exposure for the RNLI's "Who are you?" movement.

then again, from past experience... getting featured on the UK homepage often doesn't actually get you many more views, as most views come from the global hub, not the indivual countries' hubs. meh, who knows!?

4 comments:

Hanne said...

...but still, that's kind of cool, huh? congrats on your 'little' UK feature =)

Kiky said...

Notwithstanding that I am utterly uninformed in terms of the criteria Youtube techies follow to feature a video, I concur with your belief of they featuring videos that are for a social cause. I apologise if I am mistaken...

I cannot opine on the RNLI one for I have not seen it, but I did watch your 10 seconds video project and I sort of liked it, though I must confess that before watching it I was expecting something slightly different.

Generally speaking, I was looking forward to seeing John-e in life circumstances and places other than that of his bedroom. Perhaps I would have liked to see John-e brushing his teeth and pouring some 'bathroom wisdom'; John-e walking around a place he barely visits; John-e facing the conundrum of whether to have cereal or Pop-Tarts for breakfast... or whatever... do not mind me...

In spite of that, you should be happy for having been featured... an achievement not many people have the opportunity to obtain... =)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the feature! The RNLI video is lovely and very entertaining, I'm not surprised it was featured!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the feature!
:]